To foster child and adolescent health and educational success, the school nurse at Tapestry Charter School will:
- Provide direct care to students: care for injuries and acute illness for all students and long term management of students with special health care needs;
- Provide leadership for the provision of health services;
- Provide screening and referral for health conditions.
- Promote a healthy physical and emotional school environment: monitoring immunizations, ensuring appropriate exclusion for infectious illnesses, mandated state reporting, participate in plan for prevention and management of bullying, disasters, and terrorism events.
- Promote health: provide health information to individual and groups of students through health education classes, assist in developing a health education curriculum.
- Serve in a leadership role for health policies and programs.
- Act as a liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals, and the community.
For your family's convenience, the following Health Office forms are available for download. Forms are also available in the Health Office, upon request.